Village Vehicle Stickers 2023-2024
Vehicle sticker renewal for 2023-2024: Stickers are due to be displayed by June 1st, 2023 to avoid any penalty and or ticket. You can purchase your sticker in person at the Village Hall, through the mail, online (richtonpark.org), via two drop boxes located at the Village Hall or the Richton Park Currency Exchange (for an additional fee). In order to receive a discount, please bring proper documentation to the Village Hall during business hours (M-F 9am-5pm).
65yr or older as of May 1, 2023 you must provide proof of vehicle ownership at the Village Hall. This would include a valid state drivers license or ID and current vehicle registration. Names must match Vehicle Registration in order to receive the discount.
Options for payment:
- Customers will be able to pay in-person at Village Hall, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Customers will be able to mail payments along with forms to: Village of Richton Park, Attn: Finance/Vehicle Stickers, 4455 Sauk Trail, Richton Park, IL 60471 (no fee)
- Customer can pay by check or money order and drop off in the following two locations at the Village Hall (no fee)
- Drop Box located in the building next to the Finance Window
- Drop Box located NEXT to the blue USPS box that can easily be driven up to and dropped off.
- Customers will be able to pay online – once this is setup you will see the option under “Online Payments” (convenience fee –non Village fee)
- Customer can purchase at the Richton Park Currency Exchange (convenience fee-non Village fee)
- Passenger Car -- $50.00
- Motorcycle/Scooter -- $41.25
- B-Plate Truck -- $56.00
- Recreational Vehicle (RV) -- $50.50
- C-Plate [or above] Truck -- $78.50
- Charitable Vehicle (CV) -- $10.00
- Transfer/Replacement -- $10.00
- Senior Citizen & Disabled Veteran Rates
- Senior Citizen -- Free (one per household)
- Disabled Veteran (with DV plates) -- $1.50
New penalty as of 6/1/2022, if sticker is not purchased and displayed by June 1st, 2023 a penalty of $25.00 will be added to the cost of the vehicle sticker and as of July 1st, 2023 the penalty will increase to $50.00, penalty is in addition to cost of sticker.
- New residents have 30 days from settlement/closing/lease date to purchase a vehicle sticker without penalties.
- Please provide proof of settlement statement or lease.
Purchase a New Vehicle:
- If previously you have not purchased a vehicle sticker, you have 30 days from when you receive permanent plates to purchase without a penalty.
- Please provide new vehicle registration form.
- If you have previously purchased a vehicle sticker for the year, you will need to purchase a transfer sticker (please see note below).
- Please provide proof of new vehicle (Bill of Sale).
- Transfer stickers are $10
- Transfer stickers can be purchased if you have proof that a vehicle sticker has been previously purchased for the year.
- Reasons for transfer: traded in car, broken windshield, etc.
- If a new vehicle, the license Plates have to be transferred to that vehicle to be eligible for a transfer sticker.
- If a new vehicle, with NEW LICENSE PLATES, a NEW vehicle sticker is required.
Senior Citizen Rate:
- The discounted rate will be issued to any resident age 65 or older (as of May 1st).
- Please provide a copy of license or state ID to show eligibility of discount.
- Note: Limit to one discount per household.
Disabled Veteran (Military Service):
- The discounted rate will be issued to any resident who is considered a Disabled Veteran, with current DV plates.
- Please provide vehicle registration, along with documentation from the Department of Veterans Affairs verifying that you are Military Service Disabled.
- Only one discount per household.
- Cards will be mailed out late April and go on sale May 1st. Even if you don't receive a card, you still have to purchase a sticker.
- If you move but are still a Richton Park resident, please update your information with the Village in order to receive a card the following year.
- Half-Year prices become effective December 1st.
- Stickers can also be purchased at the Richton Park Currency Exchange at 3720 W. Sauk Trail. (There is a nominal fee).