Tree Branch Removal
The tree branch pickup program starts early April and will continue until approximately late November depending on weather. The intent of this policy is to assist residents with routine tree trimming and not for entire tree removal. To schedule for a pickup or if you have any questions, please visit the link below or call (708) 481-8950.
- Tree Branch Pickup is the first and third Tuesday of each month.
- Residents must call or register online to set up an appointment.
- Branches must be out Tuesday before 6am
- Branches must be cut into manageable lengths
- Branches must be stacked neatly, or they will not be picked up.
- Limbs must not exceed 8 inches in diameter.
- No shrubs, plants, stumps, or evergreens will be picked up.
Request for Tree Branch Pickup Form
- Call prior to pickup day and schedule for this service.
- Put out branches after 6pm on Monday before pickup.
- Stack branches neatly
- Put out tree limbs only.
- Forget to schedule this service.
- Put out branches before 6pm on Monday before pickup
- Put out evergreens, shrubs, stumps
- Put out branches that exceed 8 inches in diameter.
Severe Weather Branch Pick-Up Policy
When environmental factors cause branches to fall, residents should store these and follow the normal branch pick up protocol. Public Works will not automatically collect branches outside of the normal scheduled pickup and the Director of Public Works will make the determination based on the following criteria:
- Number of downed trees
- Number of branches / limbs blocking traffic
- Affected area (localized or Village wide)
- When is the next scheduled branch pick up
If the Public Works Department determines a special pick up is needed the public will be notified through normal media outlets.